Ria's Collection: MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD BARS...for 800,000 hits!

Monday, November 14, 2011

MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD BARS...for 800,000 hits!

IMG_4555
So, this little space of mine crossed 800,000 hits and I want to celebrate it with something sweet,something simple yet something simply delicious. If it has chocolate in it, it's an added bonus!I have a special liking towards shortbreads,especially these Ultimate Shortbreads! I love the fact that they are super easy to bake and it tastes like a piece of heaven! These 3 tier bars are another version of my favourite shortbreads and they are an instant hit whenever and wherever I have served them.It's quite a complicated looking one but trust me, you can pull it off in less than 30 mins (cooking time)!
Milllionaire's Shortbreads
Now that we both (Jobin & myself) are back to our regular routine,we are enjoying looking at our new home from different angles,keeping things straight , moving the furniture a bit that side just to see if it looks better being closer to the wall, we painted together. Oh yes, we painted 2 walls in our condo, together. One in our bedroom and one in our living room. The bedroom has an olive green paint with white bold stripes and the living room one has a nice ocean blue colour. I hope to stencil my kitchen wall, very soon. I have a pot of mint growing steadily even now and it keeps me company while I roll the chapathi's for Jobin, for his lunch.I always thought I never had a green thumb but the truth is every living plant need some water, every now and then ;-)
IMG_4562
This recipe has been mentioned here before but I thought it needed more attention just like my Chocolate Biscuit Pudding, as it is something you all should try, atleast once in a lifetime. OK, so what if you are on a diet? Atleast, make this for someone else so that you can experience what I experienced when I cut into the layers. It's such a monochormatically (?) perfect dessert/snack which is equally heavy on the stomach as it has quite a lot of  butter in it :-) Hmmm, that reminds me of the days in Kannur when there was a butter shortage and I how I used to miss baking then! :-)

IMG_4555MILLIONAIRE'S SHORTBREAD BARS
Ingredients
Base:
120g butter
60g sugar
175 g flour

Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C and line an 8x8inch square tin with foil with some extra foil hanging over the sides.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.Add the flour and mix to form a dough.Pat the dough into the tin and prick with the tines of a fork.Bake for 20 mins or until pale golden brown in colour. Keep it aside.

Caramel filling:
120 g butter
60g sugar
2 tbsp caramel syrup (melt some sugar till golden brown)
200ml condensed milk

On medium high,boil all the ingredients together till it starts to leave the sides of the pan. Pour over the baked base.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melt and pour 150 g of dark chocolate over the caramel layer. Let it set in the fridge till the chocolate firms up. Cut into bars and enjoy!
I demonstrated these bars for a class of mine in Kannur, a month ago and all of them loved it. Go on, try this immensely satisfying goodie and let me know how you liked them! This is perfect for birthday parties, lunch boxes or even as a midnight snack, which is what I would chose this to be :-)

22 Comments:

Unknown said...

Love the layers. And congrats on the milestone Ria :)

Poornima Nair said...

Congrats Ria...thats awesome!! Love this buttery goodness...looks like a piece of heaven and seems like you took a bite of it:)

Manju said...

congrats ria!! and thanks for sharing this recipe :)

Faseela said...

Congrats n awesome recipe dear........

Sudha said...

Congrats Ria!Keep rocking:)

Jyoti Babel said...

Congrats on the milestone! Those are really indulgent bars..

Gopika Ram said...

Wow.. looks so yummy Ria.. Adipoli :)

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Congrats...Super looking bars...Loved the click..

Snow Queen said...

a simple recipe...shud try it soon! n Congrats on the milestone dear...

Shema George said...

Congrats Ria!Great going
Beautiful and yummy looking shortbread bars!!
Shema George LifeScoops

Vineetha Sush said...

Congrats ! It surely looks divine ,a wonderful treat :)Where in Kannur r u from ?? Njanum kannur il ninanu :)

Shema George said...

Congrats Ria! Yummy and beautiful looking shortbread bars!

divya said...

Congrats n awesome recipe dear........

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

Congratulations on the hits! this bar looks so tempting!

Rinku Naveen said...

Awesome Ria! I am already craving for this. Congrats once again. Hugs :)

Sarah said...

congrats Ria!!! Butter shortage in Kannur? Why? Im drowning in excess butter here in Bangalore... All the milk fat that I remove from the milk gets converted to butter when I get free time... And now there are 3 huge boxes of butter... Just looking at it makes me want to start my Christmas baking right away :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ria!!! Lipsmacking shortbread bars !!! Bookmarking them..

Sum said...

Congrats Ria! This is a beautiful dessert!

Swapna said...

Congrats Ria! Beautiful & tempting bars :)....

Manju @ Manjus Eating Delights said...

Olive green seems to b a quite popular color for wall paints these days I guess, I hv another friend , who also painted her room with the same. :)
Bars look lovely n congrats!

Regards,
Manju

Priti said...

Ria, I saw u in my dream yesterday night :) I visited ur home or restaurant or was it a bakery (?), dont know, but the kitchen was hugggggggggggggeeee, so huge that I lost count of the sinks it had! I even told u that and u laughed. It was the most beautiful kitchen I have ever seen or dreamt of! :D You looked very happy and radiant. There were many windows and the kitchen was full of sunshine. I don't remember anything else (not even the conversation or food)although it was a long dream. I havent met u in person but it really felt like I did! :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Jobin and I hope I see you again! :)

Annie Theogaraj said...

Ria,

I baked this for my birthday party this year. That was a hit. Thanks.


Regards,
Ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...