Ria's Collection: TURKEY SHEEK KEBABS with YOGURT CILANTRO CHUTNEY

Friday, July 8, 2016

TURKEY SHEEK KEBABS with YOGURT CILANTRO CHUTNEY

Turkey Sheek Kebabs
Finally,I am free! I am done with school and my internship which can only mean ONE thing... that I've been catching up on my sleep ever since! It was really crazy here for the last one year and it intensified ever since I started my internship. There was zero personal time, no family time,no nothing. It was all about getting out of the house in time,even if that meant waking up at 3.30 am even on weekends! We are slowly getting our life back together now and it will come into a full circle once Jobin gets back home from India. As of now, it's just Ian and myself enjoying the big,much needed break.
Turkey Sheek Kebabs
Everytime I've made Sheek Kebabs before, I've used chicken. This time, I wanted to try it with Turkey. Turkey meat is a lean and inexpensive protein.The dark meat is juicy and succulent. If you are planning to grind the meat yourself,buy the dark meat. If not, just use whatever your grocery store has to offer. One thing that I really liked about using Turkey meat is that it really absorbs all the flavour that we add to it. When I first tried it at Jobin's friend's house,I wasn't really sure if I would like it or not and this was 6 years ago. I was proved so wrong because I honestly couldn't taste anything  'weird' like I thought,instead it was a nice,tasty and juicy affair.
Turkey Sheek Kebabs
This Kebab is a cinch to make,like most other Kebab recipes. I found this recipe online and changed it a bit to suit to our taste.I have linked to the original recipe and noted the changes in the recipe below.I felt there was a lot of heat in the original and since it's just me and Ian, I decided to keep it mild and simple for the boy.
Turkey Sheek Kebabs

TURKEY SHEEK KEBABS with YOGURT CILANTRO CHUTNEY
Turkey Sheek Kebabs Makes 12

Ingredients:
For the Kebabs:
1 lb ground turkey meat
1/3 cup minced red onions
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon storebought Sheek Kebab Masala
1 1/2 teaspoons grated garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
1 teaspoon red chili powder / cayenne
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Juice of half a lime
1 egg,beaten lightly
Breadcrumbs from 2 white bread slices

For the chutney:
1/2 cup thick plain yogurt
1 serrano chili
a handful of cilantro leaves
Salt

Method:
Kebabs: Mix all the ingredients together and marinate it for 4-5 hours in the fridge. Form them into long cylinders over wooden skewers (previously soaked in water) with wet hands. Grill over medium high heat turning occasionally till it is completely cooked, 7-8 minutes.

Chutney: Blitz everything together in a blender and serve it along with Kebabs.



I am so in love with these Kebabs. They are very moist and succulent with a hint of heat from the cayenne and tons of flavour from the other ingredients. This is the grilling season and I do it both indoors and outdoor depending on my mood and how hot it is outside. This works well for both and all you need to do is just be patient and wait for it to cook at the bottom before you turn them over. Ground meat is delicate,so be gentle!

You can visit the Serve Turkey page for more information about Turkey!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...